- London Beach Rugby is a 5 a side (rolling subs) touch rugby tournament. Each game is played for 7 minutes one way. Each team is allowed a squad of up to 10 players.
- There must only be 5 players from each team on the pitch at any one time (the substitutes will be situated under the posts at either end of the pitch)
- If you want to make a rolling sub you must inform one of the 2 referees.
- A touch or a tackle consists of a 2 handed touch around the hips/torso area
- The game is then restarted by the attacking team tapping the ball off their knee, off their foot or off the ground before giving a pass.
- The team in possession are allowed up to 3 touches / tackles before the ball is turned over.
- In the occurrence of a turnover in possession or a knock on, the defending team must drop back 3 metres and the attacking team must restart play by tapping the ball off their knee, off their foot or off the ground before giving a pass.
- There is NO kicking other than at the restart.
- A try is scored when a player touches the ball down securely on the inflatable boundary on the attacking end of the pitch.
- A try should still be given if the player is touched in the motion of scoring – subject to the discretion of the referee.
- If the defending team attempts an interception and the ball goes to ground, the attacking team regains possession and gain a new set of 3 touches or tackles.
- A deliberate knock-on when intercepting will result in a penalty being given. The attacking side will receive a free pass. If extremely cynical; then a yellow card may be given.
- A yellow card means a player has to spend 2 minutes off the pitch and their team will play with just 4 players.
- A player receiving a red card (very unlikely) will remain off the pitch for the rest of the game
THE REFEREE’S DECISION IS FINAL